This allowed for 2 days in Dunedin and 2 days in Te Anau.
Distance travelled 2085 Km ... plus the odd bit of meandering around Dunedin and Te Anau and off the record shopping , eating etc.
Doesn't allow for GPS detours....
Recommended accommodation ( all Members of Heritage Inns of New Zealand)
- Fletcher Lodge,Dunedin
- Blue Ridge Boutique B&B, Te Anau
- Queenstown House, Queenstown
- Minaret Lodge, Wanaka
- Holly Homestead, Franz Josef
Best Food (ever)
- Fleurs Place, Moeraki (on the road to Dunedin)
- Fish and Chips from Oscars,Alexandra not a website but an address.
Most amazing sights
- Inland Scenic Route 72 Christchurch to Geraldine
- Road from Mosgiel to Middlemarch.
- St Bathans
- Country around Alexandra
- Milford Sound and approach road after 500mm of overnight rain!
- Drive alongside Lake Wakatipu at sunset on route to Queenstown
- Chinese Miners' Settlement, Arrowtown
- The summit of the Crown Range
- Lake Wanaka at sunset
- The Gates of the Haast,Haast Pass,Westland
- The WHOLE of the West Coast
- Arthurs Pass
- Home to The Weston House, Christchurch
View Larger Map